Links to TECHNOTES
- Ask Alconox
TECHNOTES is your HOW TO for all your tech questions on all Alconox, Inc. Products.
- Cleaning Glass Castings: Alconox or Detonox? March 16, 2018Q. Q. We are having an issue plating aluminum on glass castings. It appears there is mold release left on the glass after the casting. The glass manufacturer recommended Alconox detergent. Is that what you would your recommend for cleaning the glass? Whatever we use, it probably needs to be a soak at a high […]admin
- Cleaning Vitamin Residues March 12, 2018Q. We manufacture vitamins, which include minerals (calcium, magnesium etc.) and have found that Citranox is very effective in cleaning the residue left in our equipment. Unfortunately, we have learned that the pH of Citranox is too low for our local requirements. Do you have another detergent with a higher pH that would work equally […]admin
- Ultrasonic Cleaning of Glass Molds March 5, 2018Q. We have heard that Alconox is recommended for glass mold cleaning. Other than release agent, can the product also remove oxidation from the mold surface? And finally, why is the concentration on the Alconox detergent only 1-3% when we typically use concentrations of 20-30% when cleaning molds with sodium or potassium hydroxide based chemicals? […]admin
- Visit Us at ADM Expo 2018 in Cleveland February 28, 2018See Alconox, Inc. at ADM Expo, Cleveland, OH, March 7-8, 2018. Stop by booth #216 to receive our unique gifts, expert technical support for your critical cleaning applications, and detergent samples. Our critical cleaning detergents remove an array of soils while leaving no interfering residues in applications for precision manufacturing, medical device manufacturing, electronics manufacturing and more. The […]admin
- Why Grocery Store (B2C) Detergents are Unsuitable for Labware February 22, 2018Q. We use grocery store detergents to clean our labware and it recently came to my attention that we may need to switch to a laboratory grade detergent such as Alconox or Liquinox. Why is that necessary? A. Here are some insights as to why a grocery store detergent is not suitable for use in […]admin
- Visit Us at Pittcon 2018 in Orlando February 19, 2018See Alconox, Inc. at Pittcon, Orlando, FL, February 26 - March 1, 2018. Stop by booth #2705 to receive our unique gifts, expert technical support for your critical cleaning applications, and detergent samples. Our critical cleaning detergents remove an array of soils while leaving no interfering residues on laboratory equipment, glassware and instruments. To learn more about the specific […]admin
- Ensuring Accurate Formulation of Liquinox Detergent February 7, 2018Q. I am a validation manager and we use Liquinox in multiple pieces of equipment across our manufacturing site. While witnessing our cleaning, I noticed the dilution instructions are not being followed. Instead, operators are adding some squirts/pumps/pours from the bottle into a bucket with purified water. Does Liquinox have a range of effective concentration? […]admin
- Do Enzymatic Detergents, Like Tergazyme Cleaner, Disinfect? February 1, 2018Q. I’m a Ph.D. student and I’m studying protein interactions. We have been using Tergazyme to clean lenses and cuvettes for our light scattering equipment and it works flawlessly! My question is: Does Tergazyme enzyme detergent have any disinfection properties, like killing of bacteria such as E. coli? The post Do Enzymatic Detergents, Like Tergazyme […]admin
- Filtering Detergent in an Ultrasonic Cleaning System January 26, 2018Q: Is there a benefit to filtering the rinse water or the detergent solution in an ultrasonic system? Is it even advisable? If so, can you recommend a filter size (10 micron) when using Alconox detergent? This is for a new bath setup in a new piece of equipment. A: My short answer would be, it cannot […]admin
- Using Citranox Detergent for Cleaning Copper January 23, 2018Q. We are cleaning copper pipe with Alconox powder and then using a citric acid wash after a rinse. Could we use a different detergent from Alconox, Inc. that would accomplish both these procedures at once? A. Citranox® Liquid Acid Cleaner and Detergent is both a detergent and serves as an acidic rinse (removing oxidation, inorganic […]admin
How to find the lot and expiration date, as well as locate COAs for Alconox, Inc. detergents.